Age of Empires III (also called AoE III) is a real-time strategy game published by Microsoft Game Studios and developed by Microsoft Corporation Ensemble Studios. The Mac version was published by Destineer and MacSoft Games and carried over and developed by MacSoft Destineer for Games. The PC version was released in North America on October 18, 2005 and in Europe on November 4, 2005, while the Mac version was released in North America on November 21, 2006 and in Europe on September 29, 2006 . It is the third game of the Age of Empires series and the sequel to Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings. The game Age of Empires III depicts the European colonization of America, between 1492 and 1850 AD about (expanded in Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs to 1876). There are eight European civilizations to play within the game.
Age of Empires III has made several innovations in the series, especially with the addition of the “City Home”, which combines real-time strategy and role-playing game features. Two expansion packs have been released: the first, Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs, was released on October 17, 2006, and introduced three Native American civilizations; The second, Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties, was released on October 23, 2007, and included three Asian civilizations.
Age of Empires III Game ScreenShots
Age of Empires III System Requirements
- CPU: A computer that has a 1.4 gigahertz (GHz) processor
- RAM: 256 megabytes (MB) of system RAM
- VGA: A 64 MB video card that supports Hardware Transform and Lighting
- DX: DirectX 9.0c
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP
- HDD: A hard disk that has at least 2 gigabytes (GB) of available space
- Sound: An audio card and speakers or headphones
- ODD: A 32x speed CD drive
- Network: A 56.6 kilobytes per second (KBps) or faster Internet connection for online play
- Recommended peripheral: A Microsoft mouse or a compatible pointing device